Here’s lots of information about blog design, links to templates, how to make one work well. Even how to make money with one! I’ve been thinking about blogs recently as a means for anyone to have a website easily, and also as a format for a variety of uses. For instance, a blog can be used to share resources in an easily sortable way, or to create a conversation, or even a community of people who share stories or an interest. My dad is publishing a book in a few months about people in their 80s, and instead of doing a “brochure” website as I did for a friend’s book last year, it would make much more sense to set it up as a blog. That way, the publisher’s team and the authors can help contribute updates when the book gets reviewed, and more importantly, we might even get some conversations going about the book and similar stories people have. Don’t know how many bloggers there are in their 80s, but who knows?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- I'm at Marines' Memorial Theatre for Anthropocene Astronomy: Thwarting Dangerous Asteroids Begins with Finding Them 4sq.com/10vNQST 16 hours ago
- Google Reader is retiring in a couple of weeks. :-( Steps to take now to preserve them on @Flipboard. bit.ly/14hgog8 21 hours ago
- Featured artists on @CordobaGuitars - @LeChicDuo - :-) cordobaguitars.com/artists/lechic… 1 day ago
- List of displays by #pixeldensity. Thank you @wikipedia bit.ly/17SRGYE 2 days ago
- Easy way to find items in libraries near you! bit.ly/14Edh3Y 3 days ago
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN LEAD
Love visual story telling, the web, whiteboarding together, comics, biking around town, living in Northern California...
View from the WebEx window by J. Au... More great photos from Johnny at: http://jau.smugmug.com/