Here’s lots of information about blog design, links to templates, how to make one work well. Even how to make money with one! I’ve been thinking about blogs recently as a means for anyone to have a website easily, and also as a format for a variety of uses. For instance, a blog can be used to share resources in an easily sortable way, or to create a conversation, or even a community of people who share stories or an interest. My dad is publishing a book in a few months about people in their 80s, and instead of doing a “brochure” website as I did for a friend’s book last year, it would make much more sense to set it up as a blog. That way, the publisher’s team and the authors can help contribute updates when the book gets reviewed, and more importantly, we might even get some conversations going about the book and similar stories people have. Don’t know how many bloggers there are in their 80s, but who knows?
- How Adobe Flash, once the face of the web, fell to the brink of obscurity—and why it’s worth saving ln.is/qz.com/863467/… via @qz 2 months ago
- RT @vboykis: How to fix internet content: 1) Get off Facebook, Medium, and Twitter 2) Pay for good content 3) Generate our own. https://t… 3 months ago
- "consumers now are demanding simpler and clearer experiences... because they feel more honest" ln.is/eyeondesign.ai… via @AIGAdesign 6 months ago
- “When you use color sparingly, it becomes a tool.” - Why Instagram’s Black and White Redesign Is a Good Idea ln.is/gizmodo.com/4M… 10 months ago
- "you don’t have to be perfect to start having a real impact." #earthdayeveryday ln.is/qz.com/661315/… via @qz 11 months ago
View from the WebEx window by J. Au... More great photos from Johnny at: http://jau.smugmug.com/